Telephone On-Hold audio blog
5G: Huge potential and great timing
2G... 3G… 4G… they all revolutionized our lives when they first appeared. But 5G is not just the fifth generation of cellular networks, it’s potential is far greater than we can imagine. It will create opportunities for people, businesses and society. With 5G things will be a lot faster.
Global mobile data traffic grows at a 46% compound annual growth. Thus, it is clear that demand for high-speed connectivity is becoming increasingly important. Here is where 5G comes in. It provides an efficient and capable solution for massive data growth.
What does it mean for you and your company?
- High speed connection for everyone, anywhere at any time.
- Sharing, streaming and browsing will be faster and uninterrupted.
- No more fighting for data in crowded places.
- It is not only about speed, 5G it is also going to reduce latency to a minimum.
- Live streaming delays will be impossible to perceive.
- Elevating reality even further with better augmented reality and virtual reality technologies.
- Fibre speeds even though you are not using home fibre networks.
- The Internet of Things will scale. It will be possible to apply on an industrial level.
- It provides a more sustainable and resource efficient solution.
- Makes cars faster and safer as they are capable of anticipating and avoiding accidents. This ultimately protects the most vulnerable road users such as pedestrians, cyclists, etc.
- Dedicated networks for crucial services.
5G is ideal for quick-to-install needs, getting connectivity to temporary locations, places where it is difficult to install a copper or fixed line, etc. However, the current main challenge for vast adaptation is that few devices support 5G. However, these barriers are expected to decrease considerably in the following 12-18 months, not to mention that the Covid-19 pandemic has accelerated its demand.
Also, 5G development and implementation is not being done at the same pace everywhere. In fact, Statista reported Saudi Arabia and South Korea as the countries with fastest 5G speed of any city. Closely followed by Melbourne (Australia), Zurich (Switzerland), Dublin (Ireland), Barcelona (Spain) and Calgary (Canada).
It is believed that 5G has the potential to generate £15.7 billion in revenue every year to the UK economy by 2025. Thus, even though the tangible long-term benefits of 5G are not yet in play, it is definitely set to transform economies and societies towards a smarter, safer and sustainable future on a worldwide scale.
The power of the voice
Verbal language is the key difference between humans and the rest of ....
Aligning your audio and visual brand
When it comes to how a business is perceived, there has likely been a....
The future of work is hybrid
It has been over a year since the strike of the Covid-19 pandemic. It....
Nowadays, we are listening to more music than ever before. Last year ....
What does your accent suggest?
There exists an infinite number of stereotypes based on appearance, i....
Benefits of On Hold Audio
On Hold Marketing really works! Not only does it enhance t....
How must we adapt our offerings to adjust procurement changes in the post pandemic era?
Supply chains on a global scale could not have been more disrupted by....